Welcome to SallyAkins.com – the 40+ travel blog with a touch of luxury
In these pages, you’ll find all sorts of travel information for destinations in the UK and Europe. I’m sure you’ll find something to interest you.
I love to travel, and now that my sons are all a little older, I’m starting to scratch that travel itch again. You’ll find lots of reviews, travel guides and tips for travelling in my Travel Section.
Take a look around, here are some suggestions:
- Visiting Ireland by Ferry with Stena Line
- Top Things to Do in Malaga
- A Luxurious Child-Free Weekend at Studley Castle
- The Best Places for Brunch in Birmingham
- Hotel Portmeirion: A unique luxury hotel in Wales
Looking for something to cook? My Food Section includes a whole host of recipes from quick mid-week lunches to relaxed slow cooking weekend dinners.
If you’re in search of something sweet, then I have got some fab cakes, bakes and puddings for you to try out. And if you would rather eat out, then my restaurant reviews will help you decide where to go.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll find:
- New York Cheesecake with Simple Strawberry Sauce
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- How to Cook the Best Ever Christmas Ham
- Mixing up Festive Drinks with Haig Whiskey
- Cocktails and Dinner at The Botanist, Birmingham
I cover all sorts of interesting topics in my Lifestyle section, from 40+ health and beauty to home and Garden tips.
And I love giving away prizes, so you’ll usually find at least one giveaway running each month.
- The Peri-menopause and me
- 10 Easy Ways to Drink more Water
- Exploring the RHS Malvern Spring Festival
- Home Security: Tips for while you’re on Holiday
- How to Design your Perfect Bathroom
I hope you’ll enjoy reading my blog – please do leave me a comment if you do. I love reading your comments and try to answer as many as I can.
P.S. If you are a brand or PR agency, then please visit this page to find details of how we can work together.